Terms & Conditions
1. Insurance excess is €1,200.
- Booked and paid for in full by hirer on www.detour.ie per Detour Campervans rental agreement
- All prices quoted and charged in € Euro.
- Payment is only accepted by credit card (Visa or Mastercard or American Express) or debit card (Laser).
- Vehicles will not be released without full payment being received and two types of valid personal identification being produced
- One deposit payment is pre-authorised by credit card only on collection to determine available funds to cover insurance excess, security deposit and cleaning deposit.
- Minimum rental is 4 days for all Campervans
2a. Availability & Conditions of Supply
- Whilst every effort will be made to supply the model ordered, we reserve the right to substitute an alternative vehicle should circumstances dictate.
- Detour Campervans shall make every effort to ensure that the vehicle you reserve is available at the agreed time. If for any reason it is not available, we shall endeavour to make another vehicle available without extra cost. BUT if this is not acceptable or another vehicle proves unobtainable, our liability is limited to the refund on any monies paid.
- Detour Campervans will not supply a replacement vehicle in the event of crash damage to the vehicle, or any damage as a result of driver negligence
- The company's camper van rental agreement is the sole contract for hiring the vehicle between Detour Campervans and the hirer(s), driver(s) and/or passenger(s)
- The company takes no responsibility for any delay, loss, damage or injury that a hirer might experience no matter how it is caused or by whom.
3. Hirer / Driver
- Driver(s) must be aged over 25 years to 70 years
- Driver(s) must hold a valid full driving licence for at least 3 years (European Licence)
- Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties during hire period
- Driver(s) must provide two separate forms of personal identification on collection of vehicle
- otherwise hire will be invalidated i.e.: valid passport and driving licence.
- Details of all additional driver(s) must be provided on collection of vehicle as above,
- maximum of one additional driver charged at €12.50 per day
- Non UK Irish driving licence holders are subject to a 12.50 per day charge.
4. Hire Period
- 'Hire Period' refers to the dates agreed in the Detour Campervans rental agreement
- Rental is charged on 24hr basis
- Minimum rental period is 4 days for all campervans
4a. Collection / Return
- Pick up and drop off is at our depot.
- Collection and return is between office hours (10.00- 17.00) unless out of hours collection or return is agreed in advance
- Detour Campervans accepts no liability for clients disregarding transfer arrangements and for delays due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Dublin Airport pickup & collection is available for a fee of €80
5. Hire Rates Include
- VAT Tax of 13.5%
- Unlimited Mileage
- Comprehensive Insurance for Republic of Ireland for one named driver.
- EU countries are subject to a levy. Will be confirmed at booking.
- An inventory of the equipment necessary for you to enjoy your holiday will be furnished and
- checked with you at the start and end of the hire period. You are required to sign for these
- before and after your rental
- Comprehensive Insurance is included in your rental.
- The Insuracne excess is €1,200
- You may reduce the excess by 50% for €20 per day
- The €1,200 excess can be reduced to €0 for €30 per day
- The driver must be aged between 25-70.
7. Cancellation by Detour Campervans
Detour Campervans reserve the right to cancel a reservation at the proposed commencement of hire as follows:
- Named Driving License is not produced or valid in accordance with stated conditions
- Failure to provide funds for insurance excess and caution bond by credit card only
- Over occupancy of vehicle
- Address on driving license does not match billing address if additional proof of id is required
- Hirers from outside UK must provide a valid passport and driving license as proof of id
- Driver fails to show competency in test drive of vehicle.
In these circumstances all moneys paid by the hirer shall be forfeited. Detour Campervans reserves the right to refuse to hire to any person, without stating cause. Booking deposit may be refunded in this case.
8. Cancellation by Hirer
In the event of a cancellation by the hirer the following charges shall be incurred:
- Less than four weeks to go to hiring date: 100% of total hire charge
- 4 weeks to 6 weeks to go to hiring date: 50% of total hire charge
- More than 6 weeks before hiring date: 20% of total hire charge
- Credit card and debit card charges are non refundable.
9. Cleaning Charge
- The hirer is liable to pay a cleaning charge which is will be refunded when the Detour Campervan is returned clean internally. If the cleaning requirements are not met the cleaning charge of €100 is deducted from the deposit.
- Cleaning Requirements:Refund is approved when each of the following has occurred: (Cleaning accessories are located in the cabinets or storage areas)
1.Fridge emptied and clean
2. Kitchen clean
3. Equipment is cleaned - An inventory of the equipment necessary for you to enjoy your
holiday will be furnished and checked with you at the start and end of the hire period. You are
required to sign for these.
10. Animals and Pets
Detour Campervans does not permit domestic pets or animals into their campervans. Guide dogs shall
normally be accepted. Violation shall incur €100 extra cleaning cost
11. Use of the Vehicle
During the rental period, the hirers agree that the vehicle will not be:
- Driven other than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner or used in a manner which could cause damage
- Driven in a prohibited area
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law
- Driven by persons under the age of 25 or who is unauthorised to drive the vehicle as set out under the heading 'Driver details' of the Detour Campervans rental agreement
- Used to carry more persons than is detailed on the rental agreement
- Left with the ignition key in or on the vehicle while it is unoccupied (invalidates insurance)
- Damaged by submersion in water or in contact with salt water
- Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest
- Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
- Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material
- Driven on any road surfaces other than sealed / bitumen roads. Driving is not permitted on any beaches.
- Please note there is a strict No Smoking policy in place. Any contravention invalidates the
- Fire Insurance cover making you personally liable in the event of the vehicle suffering fire damage and could result in a police prosecution.
12. Violation of Traffic Laws and Regulations
- Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation infringements under the current Road Traffic Legislation applicable in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- Detour Campervans will hold your credit card details for 21 days after the rental agreement finishes in case any traffic violation infringements are presented to Detour Campervans for your hire period. The driver(s) will still be liable for any penalties and fees received after this period.
- Detour Campervans will notify the driver(s) of any speeding or parking fines and an administration charge for infringements incurred throughout the hire period.
- It is the hirers responsibility to complete the accident form where an accident occurs and to notify Detour Campervans. Where any person is injured the Police/Garda Siochana must be contacted. Failure to report an accident or damage to Detour Campervans can result in the loss of all or part of the security deposit. In the event of damage, breakdown or an accident NOT due to hirer negligence which deprives the hirer of the complete use of the vehicle, the liability of Detour Campervans shall be limited to the refund of rental charges for any days lost. Hirer is not entitled to a replacement vehicle in cases of excessive misuse or negligent damage.